Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Yields: 2-3 servings
For the dip:
2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts roughly chopped 16 ounces frozen spinach
1 cup cashews, roasted and unsalted
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the chips:
2 pounds plantians, peeled, and thinly sliced on the diagonal 1/4 cup coconut oil
coarse salt and black pepper
For the Chips:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. Toss sliced plantains with coconut oil, then arrange in a single layer on two baking sheets.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and crisp baking, flipping plantains halfways through.
5. Dry plantains on paper towels to soak up excess oil.
For the Dip:
6. While the chips are baking, add frozen spinach and aritchokes to large saucepan over medium heat and sprinkle with just a bit of salt.
7. While the spinach thaws and artichokes warn up, pull out your handy dandy food processor.
8. Place cashews in food processor. Grind until the cashews become a meal/flour, then begin to pour olive oil until you get a creamy consistency. Kind of like a cashew butter. 9. Once the spinach is completely thawed and it's warm, drain the excess water from the saucepan and add the spinach and artichokes to a large bowl.
10. Add the creamy cashews and seasonings to the bowl and mix thoroughly.