Crustless Apple Pie
Updated: Sep 30
Try this amazing Hasselback version of the apple pie. The best part is, no rolling out or chilling the pie crust!
Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
3 large baking apples, halved vertically, cored & peeled
6 tbsp. melted butter, divided
1/4 c. granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2/3 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
Warm caramel, for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place each apple half flat side down and use a paring knife to create thin slices all the way across, making sure to stop slicing right before the bottom of the apple (so it stays together as one piece). Transfer apple halves to prepared baking sheet.
2. Lightly brush apple tops with 2 tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle each with sugar. Bake until apples are soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes.
3. Remove from oven. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 4 tablespoons of melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, and oats. Once cool enough to handle, spoon the mixture inside apple slits.
4. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
5. Top each with a scoop of ice cream, then drizzle with caramel before serving.